The Importance of Prevention:
The Keto Friendly South Beach Diet and COVID-19
1. The leading risk factors for susceptibility to and prognosis with the coronavirus are obesity, age, diabetes and high blood pressure.
2. All of these risk factors turn out to be markers for abnormal secretion of insulin associated with a condition call “insulin resistance.”
3. Insulin resistance in the U.S. and around the world is the most important cause of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and it increases with age.
4. There are individuals in their 70s and 80s with obesity but if they are metabolically well (that is they have normal insulin secretion) they will be at much lower risk of coronavirus than thinner individuals of the same age who have abnormal insulin secretion.
5. If you have abnormal insulin secretion, you can normalize it in weeks with the right diet and lifestyle program.
What Our Patients Say
Dr. Agatston provides exceptional and excellent healthcare. The staff is like no other, informative and professional. I highly recommend him.
The Agatston Center transformed what i think of healthcare in the US. The level of expertise, attention to detail and customer service puts them in a league of their own.
I feel safe and secure knowing that my family have access to the level of care at the Agatston Center. I initially went due to a cancer scare and now realize that I should have joined a long time ago.